Wednesday 18 June 2008

New Home


We've been in the new home in Winterfell for a fortnight now, and I've got all the boxes unpacked. The stables have been rebuilt after having been transferred from Caledon Brigadoon, but I think I need to do a little more with the outside area.
The Countess loves Winterfell. It is a wonderous land where it is permanent twilight/night so it is so much more liberating for her to be able to walk about outside without having to wear her cloak and hood all the time. Being an older vampire, she has to be wary of the sun. So many of the new youngbloods about these days don't have to worry about it.. but then, I can't see them lasting all that long anyway.
The transportation of Milady's goods (including a most valuable cask of blood) was ably performed by a local Captain of her acquaintance. Unfortunately for me, his men took one look at the Tower, put everything down just outside the door, and made an hasty exit. It was moving her coffin all the way to the top tower that was the hardest for me, but she does so enjoy the sea view from there.

No comments: