Friday 25 July 2008

Servants and Serving

Last night the Countess received a message from a friend about a sale that was taking place involving hairstyles. Milady had just put to port with Miss Viviana in an area they had been exploring, when she shared this information with her. Miss Viviana was 'off like a whippet', and Milady returned to the Tower to complete some work.

When Miss Viviana returned, a tall gentleman was with her carrying her boxes. She introduced him to Milady as SlippersFetcher Voom, a butler and personal valet by trade. Seems he is looking for a permanent post, and was hoping that Milady and Miss Viviana might be able to point him in the right direction. Miss Viviana had already briefed him as to my service and exploits, and it was agreed that his best step would be to get in touch with me.

I spent a VERY pleasant hour this afternoon in his company. We met up at one of Milady's town residences and compared notes and techniques. Slippers is very versatile in his service, and is ideally looking for a permanent position in an active household, preferably one that has activity during the daytime hours. Anyone interested in having their own butler, please get in touch with him.

I have to admit to feeling somewhat smug yesterday when I erected the new statue to the Dark Lady in the forecourt of the Tower. Milady was so pleased when I managed to find a replacement to the one that was taken from the land. I prepared a new stand and some burning bowls for it, and Milady made a new plaque.

A wonderful couple of days indeed.... the Dark Lady back in her rightful place.... a beautiful smile from Milady.... a new friend and fellow butler.... and a hug from Miss Viviana!! Unlife is good.... and I think I've grown a few inches in height too....

No comments: