Tuesday 29 July 2008

Let it snow.....

The Countess has taken up fishing. Milady and Miss Viviana are quite addicted to this fascinating past time. Milady even bought a fishing boat, and if they go to a location other than the Isle where the new clan's Chapter House is situated, then they look quite odd indeed fishing in their cloak and hood. The fishbowls in the Tower are quite pleasing though.

With Milady being otherwise distracted, she has allowed me to wander a bit more than is usual. Having been turfed out of my previous room, and there being no real room for me at the Tower to have my own area, I have been considering renting rooms elsewhere. Sunday saw me travelling back to the beautifully scenic Victoriana Square. I DO love this place, and was quite taken with some terraced houses on a previous visit. Unfortunately, the type of letting that I'm interested in is quite in demand. I was most pleased to see the Mayor though in the Lettings Office, and having explained my predicament to him, he has assured me that should anything suitable come up, he will be sure to telegram me. I would feel most at home here.

Mayor Lindsay also took the time out to educate me in one of the customs of his town. I was surprised to see snow on the ground and he explained that the citizens of the town celebrate a Mini Yule Festivity at this time in the year. It really was most welcome, and VERY picturesque. If you're a little fed up with the heat in your part of the world, it really makes for a very refreshing time to take a sleigh ride in the snow.

The following day while updating Milady with my previous day's travels I noticed a most enigmatic look upon her face. I joked with her that she must be thinking about 'the one that got away', and she smiled politely (as she does whenever I make a poor joke), but I caught a sad glint in her eye as she looked at me. As she wasn't forthcoming volunteering any further information, I decided it would be prudent to let the matter drop for the time being.... but I WILL find out what is on her mind, I'm sure of it.

No comments: